"Your installation is capped." message

Support Questions and Answers for the TVMOBiLi DLNA Media Server

"Your installation is capped." message

Postby skillet805 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi everyone. I have been a faithful and satisfied TVMOBiLi user for months now, with no problems. I have a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard and I stream to a Samsung BD-C6500. Today I started everything up as usual, but noticed "!" marks on all my folders and files, as well as the label "Locked" in red type below every single file. All my files are on an external hard drive which is connected properly. The following message also appears when I click an avi file to play it within the TVMOBiLi browser interface:

"Your installation is capped."

I am a largely satisfied user and have now registered in order to post this message. Is this an error or bug, has the policy changed (as I have not streamed more than usual this month), or am I stuck with this until next month???

Thank you for reading, and for your help!
skillet805

Re: "Your installation is capped." message

Postby skillet805 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:54 pm

UPDATE:

I see now on my "Status" tab that I have apparently streamed over 10GB this month.

MONTH:10.64 GB
TOTAL:119.93 GB
LIMIT:10.00 GB
DAYS UNTIL RESET:32

This seems impossible. I have used this service for months now, with no problems and no messages about a cap regardless of my usage. Is this 10GB cap something new? And why would I need to wait 32 days until "reset"? Shouldn't it reset as of Nov 1 (18 days)?

Thank you again to anyone who can offer assistance to me.
skillet805

Postby Speijk » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Same problem here on my QNAP 410 :(

Apparently the pricing method has changed: http://www.tvmobili.com/subscribe.php
Now it is free if you do not stream more than 10G per month.

My server says I streamed more than 10GB already this month. Since this means ~1 movie (720p) per month I think the message "Free DLNA Media Server" on the homepage might be considered a bit misleading........
Speijk

Postby Zootee » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:02 pm

We're trying to make it as open as possible and feel that 10GB is fine for a typical monthly allowance. If this is too little we can look at adjusting this to make sure that every month you get free usage of the server.

The month runs as 30 days from the day that you install.
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby dyschan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Unfortunately that's not true. After the month is over, for my case the the clock restart for another 31 days even though I did not play any files :(
dyschan

Postby Zootee » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Sorry about that, can you explain a bit more about what is happening and I can take a look at the problem a bit closer.

Cheers
Zootee
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby dyschan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:54 am

Sure. My status is showing as per below. The last time when the reset counts down to zero, it reset back to 30 or 31 days (can't remember) without any change in Month usage. Did not stream any files.

MONTH:10.99 GB
TOTAL:588.84 GB
UNLICENSED, RESET IN :16DAYS
dyschan

Postby kayman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:21 am

I am also seeing music labeled as "capped". I'm not a heavy user.

My current use stats are

MONTH:0 Bytes
TOTAL:1.61 GB
DAYS UNTIL RESET:14

What is going on and how do I fix it?
kayman

Postby mperaltaoz » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi guys,
I have a similar problem. I haven't streamed anything this month and my installation keeps being capped.
If I reinstall tvmobili it works for a little while, but then it gets locked again without streaming even one movie.
Any clues on what is going on?
mperaltaoz

Postby kalius88 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:41 am

Same problem here. After a month without using it because it was capped the "STREAM-O-METER" shows that I have to wait another 30 days. :(

Besides that it shows the message "Cannot connect to server" when I try to set the owner.

I'd be willing to pay but I'm not sure if this is going to fix it at all since it seems a bug.
kalius88

Postby maxperron » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Same problem here, it's been a month and it still indicates that my installation is capped...
maxperron

Postby hvlint » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:19 pm

my installation is capped as well. with the same problem as others here around. In my case 29 days left and didn't play last days.
second is I even payed 26,- to prevent this from happening
hvlint

Postby clem » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:21 am

Same issue - haven't streamed a movie since the last time I saw these same stats, except it said 2 days until reset. Obviously it didn't reset. Help, please!
MONTH:10.00 GB
TOTAL:12.43 GB
DAYS UNTIL RESET:19
clem

Postby padula » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:16 pm

My clock ins't reseting too...
since the cap i'm unable to stream any movies... and it's been more than a month since and still no reset
tried updates and later the RC but still no reset
Zootee any help on this? i'm using the latest RC
padula

Postby Zootee » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:49 pm

kalius88 wrote:Same problem here. After a month without using it because it was capped the "STREAM-O-METER" shows that I have to wait another 30 days. :(

Besides that it shows the message "Cannot connect to server" when I try to set the owner.

I'd be willing to pay but I'm not sure if this is going to fix it at all since it seems a bug.

Ah, OK, your specific problem is related to the fact that for some reason your installation cannot connect to our central server - perhaps you are running a Proxy?

Drop us an email.
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby Zootee » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:50 pm

padula wrote:My clock ins't reseting too...
since the cap i'm unable to stream any movies... and it's been more than a month since and still no reset
tried updates and later the RC but still no reset
Zootee any help on this? i'm using the latest RC

As a general rule we have no problem in restting accounts, unforunately most of our support now comes through the email desk so we don't get too much chance to respond to posts on this forum.

Just drop us an email and we will be happy to reset the account and get you running.

Zootee
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby zongo5 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Zootee wrote:We're trying to make it as open as possible and feel that 10GB is fine for a typical monthly allowance. If this is too little we can look at adjusting this to make sure that every month you get free usage of the server.

The month runs as 30 days from the day that you install.

I believe I'm not alone in thinking that 10GB is not much when nowadays some of the movies that we watch are as heavy as 6GB. It would be great if you guys could adjust the monthly allowance. Your software is great, by the way.
zongo5

Postby xshaun3 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:48 am

yes there appears to be an issue somewhere, mine was capped for awhile and still says 30 days, in any event i thought paying the $$ to register was worth it because it had been working fine as free till it got capped. Running a mac intel 10.7 and i suspect somehow its not connecting tothe server as when i try to set owner it says "CUserManager::UpdateUserOnTracker | Cannot connect to server"

using latest versions of Tvmobili. So maybe wasted $30AUS!! If anyone knows how to fix that would be nice.
regards
xshaun3

Postby Zootee » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:54 am

Drop us an email, and we will resolve the issue for you, if we cannot resolve the issue we will offer you a full refund :)

Zootee
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby rodpro » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:07 pm

My TVMobili has stopped work today.
It started to show the message "Your installation is capped" but I am a subscribed user. I have paid $30 at 10 NOV 2011 17:14:47 PST for a "lifetime unlimited usage"
I havent changed any configuration in my PC.
rodpro

Next

Return to Support