"Not support file format" Samsung Allshare?

Support Questions and Answers for the TVMOBiLi DLNA Media Server

"Not support file format" Samsung Allshare?

Postby PhilipS » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Hi,

New to TVMobili - all set up fine and can view jpg ang mpeg2 video files on a new Samsung UE32C6500 DLNA allshare TV, but the system won't let me play vanilla bland MP3 files - I can see the folder and the files but get 'not supported file format' when I try and play them. Also no album art, via iTunes.

I can stream mp3s from WMP11 ok onto this telly (but its very slow). Also the music and album art works using the new TVmobili release candidate - except that keeps crashing my Win 7 64 wi-fi connection on my vaio laptop. :?:

any ideas?
thanks
PhilipS
PhilipS

Re: "Not support file format" Samsung Allshare?

Postby Rex-R » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:02 am

Check your Samsung manual. I think you'll find that it only supports a few video file fomats (ie MP4 , Mkv). Conform first that the format you're expecting to play is supported.

It should however support MP3 Audio files. You may find that the reason you're seeing the "Not supported" message is that you've navigated down the wrong branch content hierarchy. Try going to the top of the tree and navigating down the "Music" branch. It should recognize MP3s that exist in that branch.
Rex-R

Re: "Not support file format" Samsung Allshare?

Postby Zootee » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:06 pm

PhilipS wrote:Hi,

New to TVMobili - all set up fine and can view jpg ang mpeg2 video files on a new Samsung UE32C6500 DLNA allshare TV, but the system won't let me play vanilla bland MP3 files - I can see the folder and the files but get 'not supported file format' when I try and play them. Also no album art, via iTunes.

I can stream mp3s from WMP11 ok onto this telly (but its very slow). Also the music and album art works using the new TVmobili release candidate - except that keeps crashing my Win 7 64 wi-fi connection on my vaio laptop. :?:

any ideas?
thanks
PhilipS

Hi Philip,

Can you look in C:\Program Files\TVMOBiLi\cache and tell me if you can see any .tvmlock files. If you can, that will point to the file in question that is causing us problems.

Cheers
Zootee
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Return to Support