File Formats Supported

Frequently Asked Questions about the TVMOBiLi DLNA Media Server

File Formats Supported

Postby Zootee » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:37 pm

The current release of TVMOBiLi supports the following file formats:

Music: MP3, WAV, MP4(AAC/iTunes), FLAC, LPCM, WMA, ASF
Video: MP4, AVI, DIVX, XVID, MKV, WMV, ASF, MPG
Last edited by Zootee on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Re: File Formats Supported MP4 format file

Postby dilpreet_sohanpal » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi All,
I have Sony Blu Ray BDV-E370 and LG-LD22350 tv. Every thing seems to be working fine, except that MP4 format video have problem. In the web interface of TVMobili shows the MP4 format file, but on the Blu ray I am getting the message 'There is no Playable File'. Any comments.

Cheers
dilpreet_sohanpal

Re: File Formats Supported

Postby Zootee » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:03 am

Hi,

I think that this problem is due to the fact that the Sony range of TVs only play mpeg-2 video over DLNA. We are taking steps to resolve this issue inside our software but, that build is not currently ready.

Cheers
Zootee
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby dilpreet_sohanpal » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:04 pm

Hi There,

Today I was not able to play mkv format file too. However TVMobili claims to support mkv, mp4 format files. Any Comments.

Cheers
dilpreet_sohanpal

Postby Zootee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:30 pm

TVMOBiLi does support MKV file formats. It is the TV that does not. TVMOBiLi supports a huge range of different file formats for streaming, it is the responsibility of the TV to decide whether or not it accepts the media format.

I believe that the Sony range of TVs will only accept media in MPEG-2 file format.

Regards
Zootee
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby dilpreet_sohanpal » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Sorry, I was very brief with my explanation.

I have a Sony Blu ray (DLNA) and LG TV (Non-DLNA). If I copy mkv or mp4 movie on a USB and stick it to Blu Ray Device, it plays ot very well.

But when I play it using TVMobili media server, the response i get is 'There is no playable file'. One interesting thing I noticed after my previous post was, if I change the extension of mkv or mp4 file avi file on my computer, Blu ray device displays it in the list and to my surprise it plays it very well.

So i think its just a matter of some missing configuration as Blu ray device is not showing mkv or mp4 file in the play list.

Apologies once again !!

Please comment
dilpreet_sohanpal

Postby Zootee » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:00 pm

No worries :)

I've had a good look through all the literature for support on the Sony range and it seems very limited in what it can play over DLNA. Even though the file may playback fine from a usb stick it seems that Sony have chosen to not support these formats over DLNA.

The only thing that is now making me think again is the fact that most of these posts were from some time ago (in some cases a couple of years) and it may very well be a config issue that can be solved in our dynamic media engine.

Can you do me a massive favour and mail me some logs? I need to get the client signature from the logs so that I can build you a dedicated profile and that will also allow us to communicate more effectively via email.

Could you do the following:

1) Edit the config file http://forum.tvmobili.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=143 and make sure the AuditLevel setting is set to 5.

2) From your TV, browse to an empty video folder that you know contains mp4/mkv files.

3) Send the log files to me (support @ tvmobili . com). To locate log files use the following post http://forum.tvmobili.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=149

It may take a few tests but we might be able to get you up and running :)

Cheers
Zootee
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby dilpreet_sohanpal » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Log files sent across to you.

Good luck in fixing the problem.
dilpreet_sohanpal

Postby ErCharse » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi,

I get an error message while trying to play an episode of a series which has been played without problems until now (the other episodes). They are all xvid. My TV is a Panasonic Viera TX-L37D25E. Any idea of what the issue might be?
ErCharse

Postby Wellybob » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:28 pm

I'm guessing that the xvid in question has a slightly different audio/video codec, or frame rate that makes the TV stop playing it. Are you able to manually check to see what may be different?

WellyB
Wellybob
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby fryvlc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:10 am

Hello!

I'm new to tvmobili, it has been a good surprise to discover it!!! great software!!! keep going this way :)

I wanted to ask if its possible to add ts files, i have a samsung c8000 tv but with tvmobili i can't see those videos.

Thank you very much!!!
fryvlc

Postby Zootee » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:33 am

SHouldn't be too much of a problem - I presume the file contains standard MPEG-2 TS data?

I may be able to add it dynamically using the Dynamic Media Engine if I just treat it as an mpeg file.

Drop me an email and we'll try updating the media engine to see if we can get it working.

(support @ tvmobili . com)

Zootee
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby yanman » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:26 am

Hi, is there anything special required to get flac support to work? My files are using extension .flac Is that the correct one? They're not showing up :(
yanman

Postby Zootee » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:46 pm

Interesting,

Flac files are supported and we do look for the .flac extension - If you open the default TVMOBiLi web interface (http://localhost:30888/__index) and navigate through the content that way do the flac files appear?

Once we've worked that out we should be able to determine if they are being catalogued correctly, or whether it is a comms problem with your devices.

Zootee
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby yanman » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:26 am

No they don't appear, at least that's when I browse via Folders
yanman

Postby Zootee » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:34 pm

OK, that may be a bug, will take a look.

Cheers
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby yanman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:26 am

No worries, let me know if you need me to supply any info.
yanman

Postby erwinwj » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:03 am

Set up TVMobili as DLNA server to Sony BDP-S570 Blu-Ray Player. Like other posts, MP3's play with no trouble, but iTunes AAC (m4a) get the "No Playable File" treatment (as does iTunes mp4 videos). I tested by putting files on USB Memory and both types show up and play without problem. Is this a Sony issue of not recognizing a common music format on DLNA or is it something you are addressing?
erwinwj

Postby Zootee » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:57 am

Morning.

The answer is both :) Sony have decided that they won't support these types of content over DLNA in their current firmware releases.

We are addressing the issue by developing a transcoding engine that will be ready shortly that will advertise and stream your content in a suitable format for your device that should solve this problem.

Zootee
Zootee
TVMOBiLi Developer

Postby erwinwj » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Thanks both for the quick reply and the positive approach to develop the transcoder. With Blu-Ray players flooding the market for the holiday season, TVMOBiLi would be very well positioned to address the demand. I've only used it for a couple of days, but it's very impressive thus far.

I have another anomaly with the Sony player when the browser version is left open that I'll check out then post in the correct area of the forum.

I have two suggestions, both of which could be supported in the installer with a ReadMe. First, it was not clear that I needed to remap my media folders in the setup if they were other than those normally used in WinXP (e.g., I have My Docs mapped to Shared Folders instead of my userid). Second, I didn't realize the obvious, it takes some time until the server reads through all the media folders if they are large. Jim
erwinwj

Next

Return to FAQ